×

quesFather's transfer of property to elder not returning

Small Query If Mr. A has bought a property with the family income of daughters and sons, then transferred the property in the first son's name for acquiring loan for development of the house and then the son never returned the property documents, now both Mr A and his son on whose name the property was transferred are expired.

Can other children's of Mr A claim for the property? Additional information Mr. A's wife is still alive and Mr A has 2 sons and 7 daughters.

• ansIf all the children pooled together in the purchase of the property then the transfer of the property in the name of one son alone is in itself illegal unless expressly authorized by all the contributors. However, whether or not the other children can now stake a claim to the property depends on a number of facts such as when the transfer was made, by which instrument it was made, etc.