×

quesFather's property after his death.

My father has left behind his 2-bedroom flat with no will. We are two sisters, one brother, and my mother. Kindly advise who is the legal heir to the property and how do we convert it into my mother's name so that she can make a will.

• ansYou and all your siblings along with your mother being surviving legal heirs of your father have and equal share in his movable and immovable property which has not been dealt with by him by making a will. If you intend to release the share to your mother then you may make a release deed and get it registered in the office of the registrar. Thereafter, mutation can be carried out to complete the process.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services