×

Father wants to sell joint property without mother's consent

My father wants to sell our 2 bhk flat and take the money to his keep. The flat is in both my parents name.mu mother has made all payments and had taken a loan which I had cleared. What can we do.

Since both your parents are the owners of the said flat, the flat cannot be sold if either of the owners doesn't want to sell that. As your mother is not agreeable to sell her share, your father can only sell his undivided proportionate share, where it's really difficult to get such buyer. However, if you apprehend that your father may cheat and forge the mother's signature and can sell the entire flat to outsider, your mother shall have to approach the Learned Civil Court concerned for obtaining an order of injunction and once such order is passed the flat cannot be sold out. All the best. Regards