Father wants to sell joint property without mother's consent

My father wants to sell our 2 bhk flat and take the money to his keep. The flat is in both my parents name.mu mother has made all payments and had taken a loan which I had cleared. What can we do.

Answers (1)

133 votes

Since both your parents are the owners of the said flat, the flat cannot be sold if either of the owners doesn't want to sell that. As your mother is not agreeable to sell her share, your father can only sell his undivided proportionate share, where it's really difficult to get such buyer. However, if you apprehend that your father may cheat and forge the mother's signature and can sell the entire flat to outsider, your mother shall have to approach the Learned Civil Court concerned for obtaining an order of injunction and once such order is passed the flat cannot be sold out. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles