Father gave property through will want to transfer that property

Hi, My father is alive as of now and he has written a will in favor of me to get his property after his death. Now , the question is that after his death, do i need to register the property with my name or shall i keep the will for-ever?

Answers (1)

144 votes

the will executed by your father will come in operation only if your father dont cancel or alter during his life time and shall be in operation only after his death and moreover mere execution or registration of will shall not conceed proof under the indian evidence act it must be put to strict proof under section 65 of the evidence act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles