Father distribution of the ancestor property want to claim a share

I am a Hindu woman from Andhra born in 1956. I got married (no dowry). My father partitioned family ancestral property (rural agricultural land) in 1986 between himself and my brother. My mother and I were not given any share (no rights for women). At that time there was talk that the 1985 A. P government (NT Rama Rao) Amendment gave rights to girls, but only those born after that date. Later, the central 2005 amendment came, but that also seemed to apply to girls born after that date only. Now, some ladies known to me are saying that Supreme Court has given a judgement in February 2018, saying even women like us born before the Amendment have property rights (daughters are equal to sons). Is it correct? Can I claim a share in the family property? My brother, father and mother all passed away and my brother's wife possesses the property

Yes you can try before the concerned court as the property partitioned in 1986 after the Ap Government act amended giving equal right to the daughters. Your mother have no right to claim in the ancestral property from your father. There could be three shares, your father, you and your brother only.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari