Equal partition right, if possible or not?

This is regarding my mother's right in her father's family property (House). I have below questions:

1. Is she eligible to get her partition equally as her brother is eligible?
2. How much partition right a woman is having on her father's property?
3. How to proceed and with whom to contact for initiating strong step towards her right?

Presuming that it is your Grand father's self acquired property and has died intestate(without leaving a will), then the property would devolve equally among your grand mother(if she is alive), her children(both daughters & sons).

However, if your grand gather has executed a will, then the property would devolve in the way he has suggested in the WILL. Whether it is a man or a woman he or she will get equal share in the property.