Do The Children Of Original Allottee Have Rigjts

Sir, my father was allotted a site in Bengaluru in 1958 by CITB. He transferred it to his father in law within 4 months through a note written and signed by the chief executive engineer of CITB. The transferee never got the property registered to his name in any sub registrar office. The process of registration does not appear in the EC. The transferee willed the property to his son, without giving anything to either of his daughters. One daughter is my mother. (will not registered) before passing away in 2002. The son (my mother's brother and my uncle) got the site registered to his name in 2009 without the consent of my father who was the original allottee. (my parents and uncle are no more) My question is, do we the children of the original allottee have any rights over the property, as my grandfather never got it registered to his name? Can we claim it back saying that the property never belonged to my grandpa and so he couldn't will it.

Answers (1)

171 votes

Yes you can file a necessary suit for getting the sale deed which was executed by the BDA in favour of your uncle and ask the BDA to execute the sale deed in favour of the legal heirs of the original allottee that is you and your siblings. However for doing so we need to prepare strong facts which has to be discussed personally. Feel free to contact the undersigned who has vast experience in civil/property matters.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles