Division of property. My sister is not ready to divide.

Me and sister are the only daughters and NOK after my parent's demise. Whole property including a flat in city and agriculture land in village is on my mom's name. We haven's got it transferred in our names yet. My sister don't want to sell any property to divide the property. As she is a divorcee and not earning anything, and living in our parents flat, so I never forced her to move out and sell it. Its been 5 years she is living in that house alone. What can I do to get my share of property.

Answers (1)

422 votes
After the demise of your mother you and your sister are the only heirs who have succeeded to her properties. As such, you may file a suit for partition to cull out your equal share in the properties, notwithstanding her refusal to sell the properties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles