Division of ancestral property.

My father & my uncle are only 2 children for my grand father in property devolving my uncle will take 2 acre more than to my father that is registered on august-2004. Can i fight on him with court? Can my father able to cancel the deed alone? Can i get justice on court?

Answers (1)

464 votes
If the Property has been partitioned by registration or decree passed by the court before December, 2004 right to claim over the disposed property is prohibited as per the Hindu Succession Act and kindly check any family settlement made between joint family members.

But it has one exception as per new judgement of Apex court: Partition and Succession can be open at any time if distribution of property was injustice between Joint family members. Hence, you can challenge that partition subject to absence of non-adverse documents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles