Distribution of property jointly held by husband & wife & legal heirs

My wife died 18 months ago without will.Three legal heirs. Son daughter myself. Son relinquished his share in my favour.Daughter avoiding signing the documents despite commitment of equal share to her after evaluation of properties.What is the best way out for settlement.If at all going for litigation what are the expenses going to be?religion sikh.

Answers (1)

201 votes

Until and unless the daughter will relinquish her rights, you will not be able to get her half share in the entire property as the husband is not the first class legal heir and the son and the daughter are the first class legal heirs. you will have to convince your daughter to relinquish her right in your favor.
Fee and expenses depends upon you case and the counsels of your area

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles