Dispute of property

I have a property under my parent's names who have passed away. I have applied for the mutation and transfer of property in my name. I have the land allotment papers and receipt under my parents names. Someone who is trying to grab the property says he has an affidavit of agreement from my mother selling the land to him. The original papers of the land is still with me. I know he is a fraudster trying to grab the land because my mother has never sold the property to anyone. I just want to know in legal terms if it is possible for whatever affidavit he has to be legal without the original papers of the land.

Answers (1)

82 votes
Mere affidavit has no value. Sale of property has to be by registered sale deed, in addition consideration ought to have been received by your mother for sale of said property. On basis of the death certificate of your parents apply for mutation of property in your name notice will be issued to all legal heirs if any. In case, no objection is received property would be mutated in your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles