quesDeclaration of inherited property.

I am the only child of my parents. I am married with 2 kids. My parents stay with me. I lost my father two years back. He & my mother has a house in Kerala. After my father's death my mother legally gave the house in my name. We all stay together in West Bengal. In the deed, which was in Malayalam , it was written that my mother has given me the house for which I have paid her 10L.

Actually, I do not know to read Malayalam, so had not gone through the details of the deed. One of my cousin in Kerala co-ordinated the whole thing so we were rest assured. In fact, there has been no money transactions that has taken place in this deal, it was just put in writing , so that the deal is clear and complete . That is what we were told. Now, I am facing a problem.

I am a govt. employee. As submitted these papers at my office, as per rules, to declare my property that I have inherited. I am being questioned as to where I got that 10 L from. It was only then that I came to know that the deed paper said so. We submitted an affidavit ( on legal advice) on behalf of my mother, wherein she declared that no such money was paid and the 10L value was only a quantification for her staying with us over the years. This has also not helped. The office wants to know, why the deed was made like that. Explanation required. How can I clear myself of this. I tried to be honest and so followed the rules and declared my property. There are so many who have so many properties around but has not declared them. I have put myself into trouble by following rules.

  • ansYour mother should state that deed was prepared by her lawyer and details filled in of consideration of Rs 10 lakhs without her consent. No such consideration has in fact changed hands . no money was received from daughter. Deed should be cancelled by mutual consent. Fresh gift deed executed, have it stamped and registered.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello Sir/Madam, I gave my property Xerox documents to a Broker to assist me in…
Kya fathar ke khandani property me son / mom ka right hai. Yadi hai to…
How to convert residential property into commertial property? What are the formalities to be done?
Had Booked in commercial project at NOIDA N paid 55% of cost on assurance of…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>