Court granted stay on property. How can i sell the property?

I bought a flat 4 years back in resale. Registry done, later on realized that seller already sold to someone. Now the case is in court and court has granted stay on the property. What can i do if i want to sell the property?

Answers (3)

343 votes

Dear Friend, as the civil court has granted stay to the other party so, you are not authorised to sell it off right now. But you can opt to challenge the stay order in higher court stating your facts. It is recommended to wait but if you want to sell it off rite now , then there are a few people to may be interested to purchase from you on cheap prices. Please feel free to discuss furtherly if need be. Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

315 votes

you should go in the court with counsel and file a application for early hearings. Because, there is a law under section 52 T.P. Act, when a case is running against a property in the court, Owner cannot sale the property. If you will do it, it will become null and void. So, you can make a request to the court for early hearing. you should wait for the final decision of the court. because, at this time, nobody will ready to purchase your house.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
255 votes

As u have mentioned court has already granted a stay on the property , so it means you have to maintain status quo i.e. You have to keep property as it is and you cannot dispose it off unless and until court decides about the ownership, but still if you make an agreement to sell with any person , that agreement will be subject to the decision of the court

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles