Construction of shades in balcony

21-Feb-2024 (In Property Law)
I own a flat in high rise building and want to have shades in my balcony to prevent the bird beat, garbage/ waste thrown out by someone from above my flat. I don't want to cover full balcony instead just wanted to put a shades. Is it legal or illegal.

Answer #1
You want to put a shades on your flat balcony as per Article 19 not illegal but society is run as per by-laws. You can put shades on your balcony only your balcony can't be out side. Adv Ajay Pratap Singh High court Lucknow.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
it is generally legal to install shades on your balcony to prevent issues like bird droppings or garbage thrown from above. However, there are certain considerations you should keep in mind:

• Building Rules and Regulations: Check the building's rules and regulations, as well as any housing society bylaws, to ensure that there are no restrictions on installing shades or making alterations to balconies. Some buildings or societies may have specific guidelines regarding the appearance or construction of balcony shades.

• Local Municipality Regulations: Verify if there are any municipal regulations or guidelines regarding the installation of balcony shades. In some areas, there may be restrictions on the type of materials or structures that can be used for such purposes.

• Neighbor Consent: While it's not legally required in all cases, it's considerate to inform your neighbors, especially those living above your flat, about your intention to install shades. This can help avoid any potential conflicts or objections.

• Structural Integrity: Ensure that the installation of shades complies with safety standards and does not compromise the structural integrity of the building or balcony. It's advisable to hire a qualified professional to install the shades properly.

Permission from Housing Society: If your building is part of a housing society, you may need to seek permission from the society's managing committee before proceeding with the installation. Submit your proposal along with any necessary documentation, such as plans or specifications of the shades, for their approval
Helpful? LawRato LawRato