complaint againt builder for delay in possesion

I have booked a flat in Discovery in malad west March 2016 and it was to be delivered in September 2018 and till date, the project has not even started and the builder is not returning my money. Where can I file a complaint about project delay? Can I file a consumer complaint?

Answers (1)

318 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Firstly send him a legal notice;
2. If construction has not started that means the builder should have obtained RERA registration;
3. If not, then complain to RERA;
4. Ask refund from RERA, the authorities will initiate it faster;
5. If it cannot be RERA registered then file complaint to consumer court and seek compensation for the delay, mental and monetary losses suffered by you;
6. Consult a local lawyer and begin the process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles