Common way for two houses.

Since 40 yrs there is one street for me n my neighbor..n over that street village's panchayat Laid bricks thus constructed it for our use. But now that street land comes under my neighbor and so he is not letting us use that street.

My question is since government had constructed that, so can he stop us from using that path now? What we should do now?

Answers (1)

496 votes
You will have to move court to direct your neighbor to permit you to use said road. You should point out that for last 40 years you had uninterrupted access to said road. Court will then, grant you an injunction restraining your neighbor from obstructing your right to use said road for access to your property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles