Clarification on sale of share in joint property

My father and his brother have bought a joint property of 100sq yards in 1967 in delhi . It is on leasehold . They both are no more. On deed there is no share mention i think it is 50-50percent My uncle build 2 storey house on 50sqrd yards in1967 And my father build 3storey house on backside 50sq yards in 1967 Know my uncle son wants to rebuild his house But I don’t he also don’t want to make it freehold the entire property And on deed there is no mention of area at which we live i mean we partion it 50yrd -50yrds but mention in any document I just want to can i sell my 50sq yrd plot without my uncle son permission or can i take loan to rebuild my house againts my share of property

Answers (1)

130 votes

Well as it seems from the case, the property is still leasehold. Also, the property was jointly purchased by your father and your uncle so without partition or without the concurrence of the joint owner (now your uncle's son) it is not possible to sell the property. But yes, you can take a loan against your share in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles