Claim over self acquired property Gifted To A Daughter

A mother widow of an Army personnel has Gifted her self acquired residential ground level property to her married daughter with all her good wishes. The mother has been harassed & tortured disowned by her 2 well to do sons aged 52 & 45 about a decade ago. The two sons till date had never bothered to find out the whereabouts of the Mother till date however have now filed a Civil suit against the mother and sister claiming that the Mother had no right to do so. The mother in reality has worked as a domestic help and done all odd jobs in her neighbour hood to buy this property on her own for Rs.3500 ( Three Thousand Five Hundred Only ) in the year 1970 . The two sons now claim that the property was brought out of their late Father's income which is baseless and false. Since there have been no receipt s ever for domestic help or any menial jobs undertaken by women in our country they are taking undue advantage. deceased father had excluded mention of this property in his Regd Will

Answers (1)

94 votes

Kindly let me know which religion you follow, because different religions has different personal laws as per which their properties are govern. You have to strongly defend the aforesaid suit. Since this property is not mentioned in your late father's will then it clearly shows that it was not acquired by your father and hence it is your mother's self acquired property and she has all the right to gift it to whomever she wants. For any further clarification kindly book a consultancy call and kindly provide with more details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles