Claim over property belonging to deceased mother by married daughter

Hi I m 29 years old female my mother expire in 2013. She is having a room in Mumbai under jumma masjid trust in which her bhabhi is staying from 25 years(husband died and no kids). I m married having one brother and father. We want the room back is.there any legal step to be taken. Letter send to jumma masjid trust for transferring the room to my name ( as my mother wish). Can u help me with what steps to be taken. Trustees r not replying to my letter .They not even show room rent receipt.

Answers (1)

87 votes

Dear Client,
From the facts narrated by you it appears that the said room falls under pagdi system. Further did your mother record any document giving you the right to occupy the said room?

It would be advised to meet Advocate and have a proper consultation.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles