Cheated by landlord under consolidation ( exchange ) & resold land

I have purchased an agriculture land in Delhi in 1983 from Landlord  through registered sale deed. But due to some circumstance, I failed to get it mutated in my name in revenue department record. Take undue benefit of this point (mutation) landlord  with connivance with another landlord of villages exchange land under consolidation process by tempering entries of revenue department also. The exchanged land and further sold new purchasers. I got to know about the same when I visited revenue department office in 2009 to get the mutation in my name, that my land is further sold to 5-6 parties. Here I would like to state that SDM clearly mentioned in his order that crime was committed by landlord  Now the matter is pending in the court of Financial Commissioner. The main issue is:- Whether I can be declared as an owner on the basis of my registered sale deed despite the fact that the khasra no. Of said land have been changed. Can I claim the land presently in the name of land

Answers (1)

154 votes

Civil remedy may be helpful to get compensation and a criminal proceeding can also be effective to take compensation as on the present date keeping in view the registry documents in your favor. There are possibilities from long run and tedious litigation to get money finally or depending on the situation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles