Can we cancel a property deal or not

I had a deal to sell my property. The property has 3 owners. The 2 owners had signed that 100rs stamp paper for the deal and taken some money in the bank of one owner. Now we have changed are mind and dont want to sell but the oppopsite party is not cancelling the deal I wanted to know if they can make a case or not? On the paper one signature is pending of one owner and also the papers are not registered. Our religion is hindu Thank you

Answers (1)

311 votes

Query perused. Yes the opposite party can file a suit for specific performance against you. We would like to see the agreement to sell. It can be cancelled but in that case you have to pay doublr the earnest money bayana taken by you. For further consultancy and legal services you may contact us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles