Can Wakf board claim person's registered private property

Sir I purchased a plot with valid patta and plan approval in 2007 at Tiruchirappalli. Now I tried to sell my plot .but the sub registrar office has rejected the sale transaction citing that objection has been raised by wakf board that the property belongs to wakf board.I have proper document for my land for more than sixty years.pl advise me how to solve the issue

Valid patta and plan approval do not any additional protection to a property. There is certain precautions every buyer should take before buying any property. It is advisable to see how the property came to the seller . If it was a part of a wakf property then you are at risk.

If you hold proper evidence to support your claim, you may file a suit in the district court for declaring your title, making the Sub Registrar and the Wafq Board parties to the suit. Before filing suit, engage a lawyer and issue them notices.

LH House, Bangalore