Can siblings claim their right on property transferred by gift deed

22-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Dear sir/madam my mother(hindu) got a land from her father about 3 katthas but she gave me 2 katthas as a gift deed and registered. now my sister claim equal portion and lodge a coat case. what would be its result? may I do again a gift deed for me for remaining portion of land.my mother is alive.

Answer #1
Dear Querist, a gift once made cannot be revoked unless there is any specific condition for its revoking. As gift deed is already executed So your sister cannot claim it. But other part of it is, your sister as a legal right in her mother's property. But as your mother during her lifetime has disposed off her rights, now no one can question.

Please feel free to call us, if any further queries.

Regards,
Rakesh V. Misar