Can I sell jointly owned property after demise of my sister?

Hi, We own a flat in Chennai which is bought jointly by me, my sister and sister-in-law (my brother's spouse). My sister passed away recently. We want to sell the flat now. Please let me know what is the legal implications. My sister's husband is no-more and she had no child. We are from Muslim community.

The question to settle here is who the legal heirs of your deceased sister are as sharers, residuaries and distant kindred, as you have stated that your sister's husband too passed away and they had no children. The legal heirs of your sister also have to join you and your sister-in-law (brother's wife) in selling the property.