Can I register the sale of property in another state ?

I have some landed property in Bihar. I stay now in Kolkata. Can I register the sale in Kolkata? If not as the area is very much in the interior, can the sale registration be done in Patna instead of the registration office of the territory?

Earlier there was such provision to register the property in Kolkatta. But now the property can be registered either in district registry office or sub registry office where the property is situated.you may take steps to register it in district town.

It can not be done at kolkata. Earlier it can also not be done at Patna as there was a notification of the state govt. to the effect that registration of land can only be done at the registry office under which the land falls. But now govt has come with new notification that it can be done any where in the state but not outside the state