Can I register the sale of property in another state ?

I have some landed property in Bihar. I stay now in Kolkata. Can I register the sale in Kolkata? If not as the area is very much in the interior, can the sale registration be done in Patna instead of the registration office of the territory?

Answers (2)

57 votes

Earlier there was such provision to register the property in Kolkatta. But now the property can be registered either in district registry office or sub registry office where the property is may take steps to register it in district town.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

It can not be done at kolkata. Earlier it can also not be done at Patna as there was a notification of the state govt. to the effect that registration of land can only be done at the registry office under which the land falls. But now govt has come with new notification that it can be done any where in the state but not outside the state

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles