Can grandfather give property only to grandsons

Can my grandfather transfer a property which is the self acquired property of my grandfather's father. My grandfather is the only son of his father. My grand father has four sons. Bt my grandfather has already given one fourt part of the property to his elder son. My dad died 4 year ago in an accident. Now my grandfather want to give rest part of property to his two sons bt not anything to my mom. Can my grandfather do so? What should I do? MY GRANDFATHER IS A HINDU.

Answers (1)

260 votes

if your grandfather got that property through Will of your grand father then he can distribute the same as per his wishes and if he got the property under inheritance then the property will devolve equally to his legal heirs and you can claim your father's share in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, my uncle had given a property by a Gift Deed to my father on 21/05/2012. And that property was registered on that day. Now he filed a legal suit …

Read More

1.a flat is in the joint name of my father and mother. He has 6 daughters and one son. All are married. 2.. I am eldest daughter. He made me nominee w…

Read More

I have been writing to committee for ceiling leakage in my house which is causing from society pipe line on the above floor. In spite of checking by p…

Read More

My grandfather has three sons and two daughters. Out of them my father being eldest passed away in 2014. We have a house in Jharkhand in the name of m…

Read More