Can a son claim right on his step father's property

Hey! I have got a query, can my father get share in the property sold by my grandfather(step-granfather). My grandfather has given from thereon share to his own son but not to my father, so can he claim share from thereon? Kindly tell me the legal procedure for such, I want to send notice regarding such to him, kindly help,thanks in advance!!

Answers (1)

169 votes

Since the grand father has been the original owner of the property, he can donate or transfer the property to whoever he wants and nobody else can dictate that, but your father can file a suit before the civil court challenging the deed in favour of your uncle saying it to be a result of misrepresentation or devoid of free consent of your grand father, you can also pray for injunction in the property in such suit. Thereafter your uncle may compromise with your father getting into the pressure. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles