Buying a plot of deceased person from his widow

I am buying a plot from the widow of a deceasd person. Presently sale deed and registration and mutation is in the name of deceased person. I dont know whether any will is there or no.. Probably no.should I buy ? Will my registration and mutaion get complete only with the death certificate of actual owner...what are documents I should look for ? Both the party are hindu

In this case you have to know the legal heirs of the deceased person and then if you want you can go ahead to buy the plot from the deceased person legal heirs. After getting getting registered then you need to do mutation in your name