quesBuilder retained a portion of property, what to do?

I have purchased a Builder Floor in South Delhi, for which construction is complete and all floors are sold to new owners. In the Stilt Parking Area, The Property has a large room (was used to store construction material during construction) and servant quarters. The servant quarters are allocated to the floor owners. But the ownership rights of large room in the stilt parking is not mentioned in Sale Deed of mine or any of the floor owners. Said Large Room is mentioned in the Sale Deed as "Other's Room", and is locked on behest of Builder.

My question is - Is it legally possible for Builder to retain such portion in the property after selling all the floors and basement in the building? If possible legally, Will the Builder as owner of mentioned Room, also have share in the land underneath the property? How many independent owners are allowed in a property constructed over a 210 sq mt plot? Is there any limit to the number of owners who can be shareholder in the land underneath on a 210 sq mt plot?

  • ansStilt parking area forms part of common area for benefit of all members. You can ask builder for copy of sanctioned plans by DMC. It would show what is the said area earmarked for, if it is for stilt car parking builder cannot use it for storage or any other purpose. As far as how many flat owners are allowed in plot of 210 sq meters it would be as per the plans sanctioned by corporation.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father had acquired two apartments during his lifetime. Can I include more than 1…
Iam Hindu Thiyya Kerala. I am the only son of my father and mother. My…
Ak jamin h jo mere papa ka h lakin unke bhai ghar bana rhe h…
We have boundrywalled on our land , owns goodtitle but one doubt is there we…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly