Builder Refused To Build House After Sale Agreerment Due To Price Hike

Hello Sir, I booked an independent house in a gated society in Feb 2017 and paid the 20% of sale consideration amount as part of agreement. In agreement, it was mentioned that it will be completed and give possesion in 5 months. Later, got to know that few of the independent house of this gated society is combinely mortgaged by Tata Capital (because builder took some loan and repaying slowly). And my independent house is also in this mortgage list. As of now, I have paid 20% of sale consideration amount only and contacted one bank.But the independent house is only 50% completed as of now. Now, the price of home and land in this area got increased a lot and builder is demanding extra 10 Lakhs on sale consideration amount to build the same house now. Or he is saying to take your money back. But I don't want my money. I want my house in same sale consideration amount as per me that what action I can take or how should I proceed to get my house on my name.

Answers (1)

85 votes

as for as your case is concerned you can file a civil suit in the jurisdictional court claiming your right over the property as per terms and conditions mentioned in the agreement or you can claim your money back with interest form the builder along with losses and expenses.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles