Builder not handing over the flat although full amount paid

Hi, I purchased a flat from a builder (not reputed builder. he is a newbie). I booked it in 2015 and paid the down payment via online transfer. The rest I paid via loan from DHFL home loan on 2016 December. Since then he is saying he will complete and give the handover soon. But he has not completed the house yet. There are still lot of work to be done. While buying the house, he told the total price is 31 lakhs including the parking and other charges. The duty and registration was paid by me. Last week he called me and asked to pay 1.2 lakhs against the service tax. He forgot to charge the service tax and someone from the society has paid the service tax on his own and thats why he is getting the notice from IT people. What I don't understand is he is claiming 15% tax on 25% of the entire cost. The GST was introduced after I purchased the flat. My question is what are the legal options available for me and am I liable of that service tax he is asking for.

Answers (1)

231 votes

OK, you can file a case in RERA court bhubaneswar to get your flat in time, as far as disputes are concerned we have to see the sales agreement .
I am the first advocate in Odisha to file the first case in RERA, my client got an satisfactory solution just in about 2 months for filing the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles