brother-in-law possessed property unlawfully

My mother in law gifted my wife a villa/house. My brother in law also got another property from his father which he latter sold . My father in law died in 2012. But my brother in law continued to live in the house which belonged to my wife & promised to vacate the room soon.But after my mother in law's death he refused to vacate the room & went away to his new apartment by keeping the said room under lock &key & fully furnished.Now in the mean my time my wife transferred the property to me through a registered deed without any opposition. Now my question is that can I sell the house to third party? can my brother in law throw injunction to this transaction? what will I do about the room which he kept under lock & key?I am facing difficulty to sell my house as no one is accepting it with lock. what should i do?
It may be noted that my brother in law claimed 50% of his mother's property which was gifted to my wife by her mother through registered deed. Is it a valid claim?

Hello, the claim made by your brother in-law is not a valid claim. Although your mother in-law had already gifted the property to your wife, which later she in turn executed the gift deed in your favour. So as on date you are the absolute owner of the property and can sell the said property if you wish to.

Your brother-in-law won't get in any injunction restraining you from creating third party rights in the property in question.