×

quesBrother forced mother for gift deed. What to do now?

There is a house in the name of Mother. Father has expired. There was a Will whereby the house will be shared equally by all children. But the son has compelled the mother to execute a gift deed thereby forcing her to pass on the property to the son. The will has been destroyed. Now can the daughter get share of their father's property.

• ansMother was the absolute owner of the property. The registered Gift Deed will be vaild than the Will which has now been destroyed.

If the mother has been compelled by the son to execute and register the said Gift Deed, then she is the person who should file police complaint against her son and/or file a petition for declaration that the said Gift Deed is illegal.

Otherwise, the Gift Deed will be treated as a valid deed of conveyance.