Bought a property but dimensions wrongly mentioned in a sale seed.

Resp sir/mam, I am going to purchase a property at anna nagar chennai.but when parent documents were verified,it is noted that the dimensions are wrongly mentioned in the parent sale seed.how to go about buying this property??the seller says he will file affidavit,register it and settlement in favour of his spouse.but my advocate insists on rectification deed. But this will cause a huge amount to the seller to pay full stamp duty....what to do???

Why you are bothered about the sellers financial burden. If you want to have peace of mind listen to the advice given by your advocate . It is a must to see the devolution of title and whether it corresponds to the description of the property put up for sale.