Ancestral property to be sold off by a son.

We have a house which was taken by my grandfather long before and he had 7 children from 2 wives, now the property is showing that its being named after my father and my uncle. So now if we want to sell that, will anybody of my father's sister or brother can take objection or file case on us?

Answers (1)

58 votes
Do you want to say that agreement for purchase on the said property is in the name of your father and uncle? If property was purchased by registered agreement and it is duly stamped, your father and uncle are absolute owners of said property. They are free to dispose it off.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles