Ancestral property document in bank locker for transparency

we have ancestral property with undivided & unpartitioned . my father inherited from his father . my father had 3 sons and 1 daughter. im being younger son of all. one of my brother died and next brother is keeping ancestral property document with him. when i asked property document for taking xerox copy for my use, he refused to give . Also he is in talks to sell his share to our undivided ancestral property . i was in a opinion to keep property document in bank locker in joint account making the locker movement transparent . but he refused to do so. in such scenario how i can make him to deposit ancestral property in bank locker so as there will be transparency among all 4 members of our family

Answers (1)

315 votes

Considering the facts and circumstances of your case, you have to file a succession petition at the district court seeking declaration that all of you shall inherit the ancestral property equally and for ordering your brother for production of the necessary documents of title.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles