What is the procedure for court marriage for hindu muslim couple

Muslim ladka aur Hindu ladki ko court marriage ke liye kya karna padta hai ?

Answers (2)

107 votes

If anyone of you wishes to convert their religion then you can either marry as per hindu rites only or as per muslim rites only. But only if both are professing same religion. But if you both continue to profess your respective religion then you need to fill a form and submit to the local Sub-Registrar of Marriages and marry each other under Special marriage Act. You need to submit this form one month before you intend to marry.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

106 votes


First of all the boy' s age should be 21 years and the girl's age should be 18 years.

For court marriage, you have solemnise your marriage under Special marriage act and also you can marriage her under Islamic Shariat if she has embraced Islam on her own will.

Contact me for details

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, there is some land near Hassan town, its there in the name of my grand father i mean my dad's dad. he passed away long back, but the property …

Read More

Hi, my husband has filled a case against me under shariat act section 28 even though I was lawful to him n his family. He started beating me within mo…

Read More

A muslim mother had a self owned property and she gifted her whole property to her unmarried son. But unfortunately he died due to heart attack.The mo…

Read More

my father had lost since when I was not born he had not came back till yet and relatives of my farther and even my grandmother and grandfather had not…

Read More