Contest Marriage case after signing out of court agreement

In Muslim Law Law
Last year got married. Within 2 months separated from my wife. Due to pressure I signed out of court agreement. My wife got remarried. Now if my wife doesn't give mutual consent divorce and spread false rumours about me which spoils my next marriage. Can I go for contested divorce?

Answers (1)

163 votes
First of all, you should talk your wife for mutual divorce because your wife also sign on the mutual divorce petition...If she refuses to sign on the mutual divorce petition, you should apply for divorce on the ground that your wife got remarried...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."