quesMother died in road accident

My mother died on the spot in a road accident. My sister was with her at that moment. The driver was held on the spot by my relatives. My cousin became the first eye witness. My sister was not in a position to talk at that moment so she gave her statement the next day and thus registered as the second eye witness. The driver denied that he is not wrong.

What if my cousin doesn't appear on the date of hearing for his statement? To what extent it can affect the case? Are we liable for any compensation under such situation?

  • ansThe evidence of the witness is necessary to prove that driver of car was driving recklessly and in a negligent manner. Your cousin saw driver at wheel of the car and her evidence is very crucial in the case.

    Your sister's evidence will add to the charges of rash and negligent driving . For compensation you have to file a case in the Motor Accident Tribunal.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Motor Accident lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father was walking on the street when a scooterist hit him and he suffered…
My driver crashed in to a motorcyclist wherin the motorcyclist suffered minor injuries, he took…

Accident happened with rickshaw he suddenly came in between i breaked but my car skid…

sir,in first appel high court had given time to insurance company to submit the paper…

Motor Accident Lawyers in India

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  Swej Farm, Sodala
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate JV Bhosale

 Experience: 9 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly