Hospital rights about female.

I am a center govt employee. My wife's delivery was conducted in a organizational dependent govt hospital. When she was admitted there was a female doctor. As per rule after 6:00 pm no relative of the patient can stay in the hospital thus we were asked to go back in home. Suddenly when my wife go to the labor room she come to know that the doctor was male.

She was in great pain and silently oppose the nurse to deny the vaginal test but nurse shouted on her and she inevitably go throughout the test. I and my family were not there. During delivery there was no of gents doctor entering the labor room. All the examination of my wife done in open and nude condition without my or my wife permission.

Answers (1)

278 votes
The rules of Medical Council of India have been flouted with utmost impunity. Your wife is entitled to move the civil court or the consumer court and seek heavy monetary damages from the hospital. Simultaneously you may also lodge a complaint to the Medical Council of India.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles