×

  • Salman Khan pleads innocence in blackbuck hunting case

    January 28, 2017

    Salman Khan finally appeared before the court of CJM at Jodhpur and pleaded that he was not guilty in the alleged blackbuck poaching case.

    He further reasoned his statements by stating that, he was mostly busy shooting and did not go out in the night because of security reasons. He also stated that he had been falsely accused by the forest department and the local daily had misreported the entire incident based on what the villagers told them.

    In the present matter, Salman was charged with allegedly hunting two blackbucks at Kankani near Jodhpur, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam were accused of abetting the crime by provoking him. They also pleaded not guilty before the court.

    Saif stated that he was not with Salman in the vehicle at the time of the alleged hunting and so there was no question of provoking him. Tabu, Neelam and Sonali Bendre too maintained that charges against them were baseless. Salman further said that all evidences presented by the prosecution are false, except for the first autopsy report that determined the cause of the deer’s death was natural.

    In 1998, Jodhpur police lodged four cases against Salman under relevant sections of Wildlife (Protection) Act and Arms Act. Salman has been acquitted by the High Court in two cases related to hunting Chinkaras. The state government’s appeals against the orders are pending with the Supreme Court. The CJM court in Jodhpur acquitted him in the Arms Act case earlier this month. The court scheduled the next hearing for February 15, when defence would present their witnesses. 


    OUR TAKE

    The statements given by Salman Khan is hard to believe owing to the previous allegations made on him regarding various other matters. It is high time that the court takes some action against these celebrities without giving any heed to their celebrity status.


Latest News