Continue to LawRato.com with Google


RTI reveals Gurugram Police uses same tubes of breathalyzer on everyone

May 15, 2018

A Gurugram resident had recently requested details under the RTI Act after observing that the traffic-police did not bother about the health of the natives and were using the same mouthpiece/ tube of breathalyzers on everyone to check the consumption of alcohol during drunken driving.    

While replying to the RTI, the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Gurgaon notified that in totality 13 alco-sensors were available in the police record and all of them were being utilized.

These breathalyzers tubes are manufactured by Tayaltech and Ganm India Impex and were introduced in the district traffic police force in 2015 and 2017. The police have also claimed that the traffic cops have been trained to use these alco-sensor devices and till 2018 as many as 6,207 persons have already been fined for driving under the influence of liquor.

However, the Police do not have any past record of the norms regarding the usage of the tubes being used in these breathalyzers.

Apart from this, eminent pulmonologist Dr. Jindal, former head of the Department of Pulmonary at PGI in Chandigarh explained that using the same mouthpiece for everyone to figure-out liquor consumption was not only unhealthy but could also result in transmission of numerous diseases from dental-related general infections to transmission of lethal diseases including Tuberculosis and many others.


Latest Legal News

father daughter custody
Delhi HC grants visitation rights to father despite Settlement Agreement to the contrary
Prisoner released for good conduct in Bihar returns to same jail after killing 2
heavy school bags
No homework for classes 1 & 2, set weight limit of school bags; HRD ministry directs
Law intern found dead in Bangalore days after filing sexual harassment complaint
Karnataka HC denies relief to law student who couldn't finish course in 7 years
Liable to income tax if service charge not passed on to staff by restaurants: Tax Dept
Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue