What is the rule of paying rent under pagadi system ?

Hi, I have bought the room in pagadi system chawl. My owner said there is no landlord as such and said no need to paid the landlord.or if landlord is there we can pay 50-70k. Now the landlord is demanding 4lac and my owner is denying to pay such big amount. My owner is asking me to contribute half the amount. Landlord said if we don't pay he will send notice and he can ask us to move. We already paid room amount to my owner and still owner want more money to pay landlord. Owner had received notice earlier from landlord stating he is the chawl owner . But this was never communicated with us by my owner. I seriously don't have money to pay extra now. How can I proceed with this if we asked to move. How can I charge case to my owner in terms of cheating Please advise. Mumbai, Maharashtra

Answers (1)

89 votes

am sorry to say I'm not able to answer your question. In fact ' Pagadi' systeam in Bombay is very old and ancient. Therefore I am not fully aware with this systeam.Have you executed a document from owner at the time of making payment. If that be so then you can protect your possession by initiating necessary legal action against owner as well as the landlord. But at the same time your landlord has the right to initiate any legal action against you and your owner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."