Tenant who is a relative claims ownership and refuses to pay rent also

House purchased in 1983. Out of 3 portions, one portion was used by grand father. Other Rented to a relative. Owned by mother in Title deed. Mother passed 8 years ago. 2 years before when we want to take possession, they are not vacating and claiming to own it. Documents in my mother's name only. Hindu by religion.

Answers (1)

267 votes

You may send the tenant a legal notice first demanding immediate payment of all arrears of rent and vacant possession of the property let out. If there is no proper response, you have to file a complaint with the Rent Authority (RDO) concerned for redress.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."