Tenant sublet without permission and not paying rent

My mom and his younger sister are partner of a 2 floor house (ground floor and first floor) rented to a person in February 2016 for a rent of Rs. 9500 and advance amount of 1 lakh rupees with agreement signed for 11 month duration. Since November 2018, he is not paying rent and just telling excuses every month. But suddenly when we visited our rented house to enquire about rent, we were shocked to know that he has rented our 2 floor house to his relatives by getting advance of 1,70,000 from ground floor relative and 1,00,000 from first floor relative without our permission with rent of 3000 each from both families. When we confronted with him about this sublet and rent, he threatens of suicide and evading our calls and not traceable in his house. When we question his relatives about how they could occupy our house without permission, they said they are ignorant of our ownership of the house. Please give me suggestions about how to vacate them fast. Thank u

Answers (1)

157 votes

Dear client
according to law it's duly cheating under the section 420 IPC. moreover they were threatened you, so don't make any delay to lodge a police complaint against that accused with help of an advocate. for vacate house you have to to file petition before appropriate forum. and Lords complaint before State human Rights commission and seek remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."