Tenant rights and registration of its property with government

I need legal advice on Tenants rights. We are 4 tenants in a building and landlord stays in the same building. We are staying here since more than 30 years, and since last few years , he has been asking us to vacate the place with hardly any amount. we are regularly paying him rents, water bill and property tax. but he only gives us receipt of rent and not for others. Now, we want to know, what we can do here, if asked us to vacate? can we register our Paghdi flat on our name? if yes, let me know required docs, fees and your charges.

Answers (1)

313 votes

The first and the foremost thing is to file a legal notice to them and later file a RAE suit in the court if he is giving you receipt and you are abiding all the legality and taking all the necessary-steps in a proper way and not cheating the landlord you can file a case and landlord might not have any ground to throw you out.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."