Tenant not vacating house after the lease period as per agreement

After completion of lease tenant not receiving money and not giving rent for 3;months he wants to convert rent as interest for the lease amount and don't want to vacate for one year He gave legal notice saying he wants to stay in the house for another one year

Answers (1)

236 votes

You have to send a reply to the tenant's notice asking him to pay all arrears of rent and deliver vacant possession of the property to you on or before a set deadline and denying his claim to occupy the property for one more year. If no response, file a suit for eviction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."