Tenant not ready to sign agreement or vacate property

My tenant is in my house on rent for last 12 months, initially when we asked him for documents to prepare agreement he kept giving various reasons and delaying process.We prepared rent agreement couple of months back, however he continues to give reasons and somehow not signing it. Can we ask him to vacate property immediately? How can we make him sign agreement? Please advise.

Answers (1)

348 votes

the first question required to be considered is this whether is there any kind of agreement between you and tenant in respect of tenancy/lease/leave and license. If there is a no document, then you can treat him as gratituous licensee. The difference in eye of law is this the tenant or licensee under deed of leave and license pay money to the landlord by way of rent or premium respectively, as per the case. But the gratitious licensee occupy the premises without any consideration but because of Mercy of the landlord or because of good relationship between them. Therefore you can terminate such gratituous license as per provisions of easement act and can file the suit for eviction. Therefore no need for you to follow your tenant asking him to sign any kind of document. Please take note that there should not be any evidence of rent receipt or payment of premium in the hand of tenant

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."