Tenant not paying rent and other dues

I have rented out my 3 BHK flat on rent and made a notarized rent agreement with the tenant. The agreement is for 11 months and is not registered. The tenant was not paying the rent timely and we gave a notice for eviction of the house and as the tenant was not staying at the premise we pasted the notice on the door which was later seen by the tenant when he paid the dues. But again he is now not paying rent timely and electricity bill of 5 months is also not paid by him. Now also the premise is locked and he is not reachable over the phone also is not willing to pay the dues. I have SMSed him to pay the rent or else I will open the flat with my key and sell off his stuff to recover my dues. But still, no response came from his side. I want to ask, if the notarized rent agreement stands in the court of law? Can I open the flat with my keys and remove all his belongings and keep them in a separate room? I will later give him all his belongings after recovering my dues.

Well you have not written from which state you are writing this particular email, there are local rent laws for every state I would advise you if you happen to be in a Gurgaon or Haryana you kindly proceed further with filing a Rent Eviction petition before the rent controller by consulting a local lawyer and obtain the court order to enter into the premises I would advise do not initiate any action on your own by entering the premises as it is illegal even if you happened to be the landlord or owner of the property so it is advised to take the possession by the court intervention .

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers