Roommate trying to break joint rental agreement without consent

Can I sue my Roommate for breaking the joint rental agreement. we are both referred as the licensees.It affects my financial situation as I disagree to leave until contract is over.?

Hi, suing your roommate will lead to no outcome. The cost of instituting a case against him will be costly and given your financial situation, that does not seem to be a logical solution. Thus you can at the most speak to him and explain your financial condition if he leaves midway making you liable for paying entire license fees. Even if you issue him a legal notice just to create pressure, do you think you will be able to share the licensed premises with him given the bitterness that will have arisen between you and him ? So a legal case is not a solution to your problem, both logically as well as financially. It will make things worse. I suggest you search for another room mate ans request your present room mate to continue sharing and bearing the rent of the room till you find a suitable room mate. Legal case is not and cannot be a solution for every problem! All the best.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers